OPEN CALL SHOWCASE FOR CURATORIAL PROJECTS
The Curatorial Project started in 2014 with the aim to encourage curatorial practice in the medium of photography in Asia. It reaches out to emerging and independent curators committed to develop their professional practice in Southeast Asia.
The last edition of the Open Call featured a project by Carol Chow, a lecturer and researcher at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, who explored the vanishing spaces in Hong Kong through the lenses of six female photographers in the exhibition, “A Room with a View”.
The selected proposal in the 2018 Open Call for Curatorial Project will be granted SGD8,000 to actualize the project in Singapore. Flight and accommodation for the curator will be provided.
How to Submit?
- Register for an account at register.sipf.sg
- Log in to your account
- Update your profile. Please include latest artist biography / CV
- Select the category “Curatorial Project”
- Upload your
– Curatorial Statement of proposed exhibition
– Works of artist(s) to illustrate your curatorial proposal.
– Compiled biography and CV of proposed artist(s)
– Compiled artist(s) statements for bodies of works
– Completed Budget Worksheet form*
All written information must be uploaded in English. Ensure that information is complete before moving on to the next step.
- Proceed to make the payment USD$50 to confirm your submission.
- To submit more than one curatorial project, please repeat the procedure from Step 2.
Submission Deadline: 30 April 2018, 23:59, Singapore Time, UTC/GMT +8
All submissions must be completed in English. Changes to project submission cannot be made after completion of PayPal payment. For further assistance on submission, please read our FAQ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org