CURATORIAL PROJECT SHOWCASE FOR CURATORS
The inaugural edition of the Curatorial Project Showcase seeks to provide a platform for emerging and independent curators committed to develop their professional practice in Southeast Asia.
Participants can submit up to 2 proposals. All submissions must be completed in English. Submission fee: USD50 per proposal
Items to prepare
- Biography and CV of curator/s
- Curatorial Statement of proposed exhibition
- Compiled biography and CV of proposed artists
- Compiled Artist Statements of bodies of works
- An image list of artists’ works
- Completed Budget Worksheet form (Download here)
- Sign up for an account if you are a new user. If you have registered, login to your account.
- To submit proposal, go to Dashboard on the top menu
- Fill out your personal particulars under “Update Profile”. If you are submitting as a collective, only a representative’s particulars are needed.
- Attach your biography and CV under “Update Artist Biography”. For collectives, compile your biographies and CV in one document.
- For submission of Curatorial Project works, click on “Create a Portfolio”
- Fill out the title of your proposed exhibition, include a brief description of the exhibition.
- Upload a one-page Curatorial Statement of the proposed exhibition. A Curatorial Statement is a written description explaining your approach to curating and the concept of the exhibition. The write up should convey a consistent message, idea, theme and/or topic of the exhibition.
- Upload an Image List of the artworks in the proposed exhibition. Under each image, include the artist name, title, year, medium, and dimensions.
- Upload the compiled Artist Statements of each artist’s series. An artist statement is a written description of each body of works.
- Upload the compiled list of artist biographies and CV.
- Upload the completed Budget Worksheet Form. (Download here)
- To complete your submission, click on “Submit Project” which will direct you to PayPal payment.
Important note: Changes to project cannot be made after completion of PayPal payment.
Late submissions will not be accepted. Deadline on 29 February 2016 (Singapore Time 23:59hr, UTC/GMT +8 hours).